Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Finally, Calgary sees the sun... and it's no wonder this ray of warmth has got my heart racing and my mind wandering.  I'm inspired by these increased daylight hours, and I've got the new Kings of Leon album playing on repeat in the background as I start putting together my spring wardrobe. It's time to Pony Up, Mi Amigo, because I'm going to go Pyro on this winter weather.
Biker style at Burberry
(Fashionising.com)


Seventies style at Chris Benz

Spring trends that I find enticing are the urban biker style that hit the Burberry Prorsum and Giorgio Armani runways, 70's decadence a la Marc by Marc Jacobs and Chris Benz, and lots of lace from Sean Cunnigham, and D & G . I haven't felt this giddy about new trends in a while: the 70’s= fun times, and delicious wide leg pants, and the biker style gives great bad girl vibes, while pairing it with lace gives me a good girl gone bad look to heat up some hearts as the weather defrosts. The thought of remixing them together makes me want to roll into the slightly later sunset like a 2011 Peter Fonda.
Looking dreamy, Captain America.
Yet here I am, stuck with all the winter pieces that I've collected in the last couple years, all from bygone trend times. Dilemma, dilemma: how can I channel a groovy Lady Easy Rider outfit for spring using my winter pieces?
Let's Ride!
Ain't no thing: here lies my favourite leather jacket (biker), that chunky knit scarf that has proven faithful through the colder seasons but will be trusty yet, and a simple lace tank top.  Dressing up for spring can be simple, classic, and, yup, bad ass. Throw on a couple long necklaces and maybe a pair of wide trousers and I think I'm ready to hit the road- no helmet required.

-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment