Monday, February 28, 2011

Calgary Blues


Every girl in Calgary waits for that one nice day (and we're talking +10 degrees) to wear her favourite outfit - the one with the beloved warm-weather pieces that just can't be covered up by a big, bulky coat. 
Well, I say "Forget You, parka!”
Goodbye Parka
Picture via fashionmotion


When putting together a new outfit for all of late-winter/early spring, I put on a pair of winter shorts (i.e. leather) over some black heavy tights (I'm partial to what I find at The Bay (very cheap!)) and military boots. Add to this look an oversized graphic tee, or for a more professional look, a silk blouse. And then there's accessories, which can capture the fun feeling and add a little somethin-somethin- if you know me well enough, there's always those long necklaces that complete my look.

Hot shorts paired with a short sleeve blouse.
picture via Look Book
Feeling like a million bucks on a snowy day is not an easy task underneath all those layers.  But take it from me: throw a little caution to the wind, and bring the heat with some fun surprises underneath- pull out some leather shorts and dash those lips with jungle red lipstick. And to top it off, I'll pull my hair into a messy bun, countering all the boldness with a simple hairstyle so that my key pieces pop. 

Hot shorts paired with an oversized sweater and black tights.
picture via Look Book

Wearing my favourite outfit out of season pulls me out of my winter doldrums and makes feels like a million bucks. Guy or girl, you can't help but bask in the warmth of the double takes.

-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment